To make the most of your vision try the following suggestions:
● Move closer to the item you wish to view, this can make it seem larger.
● Try to add light, such as a task lamp. An LED flashlight will sometimes do the trick for viewing appliance settings or the thermostat.
● Add contrast whenever possible. Ideas include a bright placemat on a dark table or a white chopping board for green vegetables.
● Try to make the item bigger. For example, use large print when printing notes and lists. Use index cards with bold print for phone numbers and recipes.
● The right power of magnification can be useful for reading text and spot-checking many items.
● Tactile enhancements, such as bump dots, can increase confidence when setting appliances.