A US-23/Monroe Street public involvement meeting is scheduled for May 9 at the Northview cafeteria from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Residents will have the opportunity to view and offer feedback for proposed plans pictured above. The city is responsible for the green space leading up to the bridge deck. The five traffic signals now in operation will be replaced by one with the reconfiguration of the current intersections.
Road work ahead!
Monroe Street/Silica Drive construction began March 27.
Eastbound Monroe Street is closed between Silica Drive and Main Street through July; Silica Drive is closed at bridge for 120 days.
• Central Avenue between Reynolds Road and Corey Road is closed for bridge construction.
• Brint and Centennial Roads closed beginning April 3 for 45 days.
• U.S. Route 23, between Interstate 475 and the Michigan State Line, will experience lane restrictions for noise wall installation through summer 2023.
• Laskey Road at Talmadge Road will have lane and curb restrictions during completion of curb ramps and paving related to an intersection upgrade project. Estimated completion: late April.
• Brint Road Resurfacing from Silica Drive to the railroad tracks is proposed to take place from June 15 to Aug. 15. Flaggers will maintain one-lane traffice during the resurfacing project.
• McCord Road at Bancroft Street improvements in preparation for 2024 roundabout installation beginning May 1.
• Sylvania Avenue Resurfacing, Whiteford to Talmadge roads, beginning in June with mostly night work, lane restrictions.
• Sylvania Metamora Sidewalk Extension, work will be complete by Sept. 1, north side of road connecting existing cross walk at Mitchaw Road round about approximately 500 feet west to existing walk at Walnut Springs.
• Sylvania Township OPWC Road Improvement Project — 3.29 Miles of subdivision roads, work from July to September in Forest Lakes, Twelve Lakes and the Village At Twelve Lakes
• Sylvania Township Resurfacing Project — 1.76 miles, work will be complete by Sept. 1, North and South Arvilla roads, North and South Crestridge roads, Davenport Road, Ginger Hill, and West Minster.