Jennifer Alexander Ruple
Serve up some love this Valentine’s Day with a heart-themed cheese and charcuterie board. Struck by Cupid’s arrow, this board is loaded with both sweet and savory treats. Build one to feed the whole family or create a smaller version just for two.
To build your Be Mine Board, begin with a heart-shaped dish or candy box. Arrange three types of cheese on the board – a hard, a soft and something spreadable. Near the center of the board, place a small bowl of fruit preserves or honey. Next, add the charcuterie – try pepperoni, salami and prosciutto. Fill in the extra spaces with fruit, assorted crackers and nuts. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh herbs. Don’t forget to include some chocolatey treats for the finale.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Heart plate: HomeGoods
- Charcuterie: Sofo’s Italian Market
- Fig Fruit Spread & Mike’s Hot Honey: Fresh Thyme
- Chocolate coated pretzels & cookies: Target
- Merlot & fresh mozzarella cheese: Sautter’s
- Roasted Marcona almonds: Costco
- Assorted crackers: Trader Joe’s