What is TV Streaming?
TV streaming is a way of watching shows and movies over the internet, instead of using a cable or satellite service. You can stream TV on various devices, such as smart TVs, streaming sticks, laptops, tablets, smartphones, and game consoles. To stream TV, you need a few things:
1. A fast and reliable internet connection – The speed you need depends on the quality of the video you want to watch.
2. A streaming device or a smart TV – A streaming device is a gadget that plugs into your TV’s HDMI port and connects to the internet. It lets you access various streaming apps, such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and more. Some popular streaming devices are Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google Chromecast, and Apple TV. A smart TV is a TV that has built-in streaming apps and can connect to the internet without a separate device.
3. A streaming service or app – A streaming service is a platform that provides TV shows and movies that you can watch on demand or live. There are many streaming services to choose from, depending on your preferences and budget. Some of the most popular ones are Netflix, Hulu, Disney, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, Sling TV, and DIRECTV streaming.
Steps to start streaming TV
- Plug in your streaming device. If you use a smart TV, you can skip this step. Almost all streaming devices plug into your TV’s HDMI port and usually a power outlet as well.
2. Connect to the internet. Once you’ve plugged in your streaming device, you’ll need to sign into your home’s Wi-Fi network. You may need to enter a password or a code that appears on your TV screen.
3. Sign into streaming apps. You’ll need to create an account for each streaming service or app that you want to use. Some apps may require a subscription fee, while others may be free, or ad supported. You can browse the app store on your streaming device or smart TV to find and download the apps you want.
That’s it! You’re ready to stream TV and enjoy your favorite shows and movies.
Definition of the day:
STREAM TV is the newest service from Buckeye Cable. It can cost as low as $7.99 a month. EVO FORCE 1 Box is an essential option. Give them a call to learn more.
I Make House Calls
Janis Weber, B.A., owner of Ohio Computer Training & Support, is a professional computer adjunct instructor. E-mail questions or comments to JwPCtutor@Gmail.com or call her for assistance at 419-290-3570. She will come to your home or office and help you with almost any predicament including repairs, upgrades, and personal software tutoring. New computers and printer issues are her specialty. Check her out on The Sylvania AdVantage Website, titled Computer 101 for past articles.